We Help Associations Do the Best Job for Owners
We protect, maintain and enhance the value of the condominiums and associations that we serve, while helping board members fulfill their fiduciary obligations and responsibilities.
Our professionals do more than merely manage your association’s common areas and systems.
- Cost-Effective Approach – We charge a comprehensive management fee with the lowest “reimbursable” costs available in Central Florida. We don’t believe in “nickel-diming” our clients! Included in our fee for a limited time, new customers will receive a free community web site. Please visit our Community On-Line Demo to see this invaluable tool.
- Involved – We provide premium, quality hands-on supervision, and maintain the lowest manager-to-property ratio, thus assuring personalized attention. Our supervisors understand the complex operations of each association in their portfolio and offer the value-added services that all associations need.
- Preventive Maintenance – We implement a preventive maintenance approach for your association’s mechanical systems.
- Financial Integrity – Your financial reports are reviewed by a staff with over 100 years of combined experience who are experts in association reporting.
- Improve Properties – We manage capital improvements from inception to completion.
- Reserve Studies/Comprehensive Budgeting – We routinely work with reserve fund studies and incorporate long-term reserve funding and capital project planning into the annual budgeting process.
Don Asher & Associates, Inc., is truly a full-service association management company. Listed below is a comprehensive list of services we provide as part of our standard association management agreement with our clients. Our goal is to meet or exceed the expectations of our clients without charging ‘extra’ as many management companies do for services we consider to be included as part of our Management agreement.
Making The Board’s Life Easy
Transition to Don Asher & Associates, Inc.:
Manager shall provide the necessary personnel and supervision to ensure a smooth transition of all books and records, as well as all other related items, from existing management.
The Manager and our staff will provide the necessary personnel and supervision to ensure a smooth transition of records as well as all other related items, from existing management. We then send out a personal “Welcome” letter to all owners. We also will send out a “Welcome” package to all future new owners that join the community.
Monthly /Annual /Special Meetings:
- Manager attends all meetings and makes arrangements for the necessary meeting facility, procedures, materials and personnel required in order to conduct the Annual Meeting. Proper notification is given prior to all meetings.
- Manager transcribes and distributes minutes of all meetings.
General Administrative Services:
- Manager provides guidance and advice to the Board regarding administrative procedures and responsibilities.
- Board recommendations regarding the hiring of Accountants, Engineers, Attorneys, and other professionals.
- Manager investigates and reports to the Board all the incidents relating to the protection of the Associations property and operation.
- Update Community On-Line information.
- Prepare and mail welcome information to new owners.
- Procure bids for insurance coverage, correspond with agent, prepare claims, and follow through.
- Manager maintains files of Insurance Certificates required for all contractors who perform work within the community.
- Manager corresponds with homeowners, vendors, government agencies, and others on affairs related to the day-to-day operation of the community and maintain files of same.
- Maintain files of all service contracts, specifications, insurance policies, legal matters, schematics, blueprints, and all other documents and records of the Association.
- Receive all calls, mail, e-mails and website information relative to community.
- Provide clerical support for all community related business and provide copies, collating, and binding as needed.
- Manager will prepare all community documents and maintains database of same.
- Provide labels for mailing and sorting when required.
Making The Boards Life Easy
- Don Asher & Associates, Inc., utilizes state-of-the-art, industry-specific accounting and management software developed exclusively for associations.
- All of the financial services rendered are computerized utilizing industry specific, state-of-the-art software which is available to Board Members online.
- On a monthly basis, Don Asher Realty maintains a complete set of books. These shall include:
- Checkbook Register
- Cash Receipts
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Cash Disbursements
- Bank Reconciliation
- General Ledger through Trial balance
- Monthly Accounting Overview of Financial Statements
- Electronic Coupon Books or Billing Statements
- On-Line Payment Option
- Cash Receipts are updated and recorded on a daily basis by the bank
- Board members have secure on-line access to financial reports.
- Delinquent accounts reviewed monthly.
- Delinquent accounts are coordinated with the association’s attorney.
- Manager checks accuracy of all invoices on accounts payable including all vendors and contractors.
- Checks are prepared weekly for rapid payment of vendor invoices and timely recording on the monthly financial statements.
Assessment Billing/Accounts Receivable:
- All assessments shall be billed on a pre-determined cycle utilizing statements or coupon books.
- Owners’ payments shall be mailed to the association’s lockbox account. Owners may opt to pay assessments on-line. Payments are updated daily.
- Past due letters to be sent to all homeowners in arrears and follow up on collection procedures, liens, and foreclosures.
- Coordinate with Association’s attorney on all legal matters.
- Utilization of our software to interface directly with attorneys.
Budget Preparation and Forecasting:
- Manager prepares and presents to the Board (sixty days prior to the new fiscal year or as prescribed by the community documents) a proposed operating budget based on past performance and prevailing economic factors.
- The proposed operating budget will set forth in detail all anticipated income and expenses. Upon adoption the manager will print and distribute budget to all homeowners in accordance with the community documents.
- Upon request, assist in the preparation of a reserve fund study for long-term replacement of capital improvement items reflecting life span, etc.
Financial Statements – Comparative financial statements are issued monthly containing:
- Balance Sheet
- Budget Variance Report
- Income/Expense Statement
- Cash Receipts
- Cash Disbursements
- YDT General Ledger
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Monthly Financial Reporting (modified or accrual basis)
- Every delinquent account is reviewed monthly and coordinated with attorney as needed
Taking a Proactive Hands-on Approach
Don Asher & Associates, Inc., conducts routine site inspections of the community for the purpose of identifying CCR and Rule violations and reviewing the performance of the association’s vendors and staff. Preventive Maintenance is implemented as directed by the Board. Our Director Of Operations regularly visits all properties and makes contact with the Board. We believe that Senior Management should be easily available when requested.
Work Orders and Service Requests:
- All services requests and work orders are received and entered into our database for easy tracking.
- Manager coordinates maintenance staff and/or vendors to service requests and work orders.
- Manager will inspect and follow-up maintenance work to ensure successful completion.
- Work order logs are generated monthly for review and for purpose of detecting trends and problem areas. These may be viewed on-line through the community website.
Maintenance Scheduling, Coordinating, & Supervision:
- Provide close supervision and evaluation over all work, labor, services, and materials required in the operation and maintenance of the common areas and facilities.
- Coordinate maintenance staff to accommodate service requests from homeowners.
- Diagnose maintenance and construction defects determining responsibility and provide clear directives regarding repair methods, etc.
- Inspect and follow-up on maintenance work to ensure successful completion of service requested.
- Keep work order log of all incoming and completed work orders.
- Status reports included in monthly report.
- Manager visits and inspects the site on a mutually agreed upon schedule.
- Additional visits for project supervision as needed.
- On-site summary inspection reports submitted monthly.
- Night visits for lighting system inspection, etc.
- Our Director Of Operations regularly visits all properties and makes contact with the Board.
Bid Specifications and Contract Administration:
- Develop specifications for all contractual services.
- Research and procure at least three comparable bids and present to Board.
- Research references and financial worthiness and make recommendations accordingly.
- With prior Board approval, enter into contracts on behalf of the Board for services, utilities, materials, supplies, etc.
- Provide contract supervision to ensure compliance with terms, conditions and quality.
- Irrigation System
- Building Systems
- Roadways/Parking Areas/Walkways
24-Hour Emergency Response and Dispatchment:
Emergency lines are maintained for any and all emergencies and are answered by a live operator at all times. You won’t leave a message and hope somebody receives it. In an emergency, we provide immediate dispatchment of service personnel as needed.
- Financial Reports
- Delinquency Report/Action Taken
- Updated Owner/Tenant Listing
- Vacancy Report
- Maintenance Reports
- Management Issues Register
- Clubhouse Deposit Register
- Status Reports
- Related Correspondence
- Accounts Receivable
- Work Order Logs
- Contract Register
- New Owners
- Legal Matters
- Bank Statements
- Insurance Matters
- Property Evaluations
- Items of Special Concern
- Daily Contact Register
The Management Report will cover all of the activities that take place on a monthly basis. The report is unlimited in scope and will reflect as much detail as the Board requests.
Each monthly management report is collated and bound in a professional manner. The report is provided on a monthly basis at least one week prior to the scheduled meeting. The manager will attend the monthly meeting to review the report and to answer any questions relative thereto.
Architectural Review Services
We establish, coordinate and provide the administrative and secretarial functions of the Architectural Review Committee (ARC), including preparation, review and approval of architectural applications, correspondence with owners requesting ARC compliance or completion of applications, and all necessary correspondence related to the ARC. To apply to administer home improvements, you must fill out an Architectural Review Application. Please print, fill out, and mail in the application or submit online.
- We communicate with property owners to understand their issues and find appropriate solutions.
- We issue work orders and monitor contractor performance to ensure that work has been completed in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the owner.
- We will issue notices of violations of association rules and regulations, and follow up to ensure compliance.
- Administer the association’s insurance portfolio, including the filing of claims.
- Prepare, copy, print and mail association written communications.
- Prepare, copy, print and mail association written communications.
The Don Asher Advantage
Our staff experience spans decades. This hard-earned expertise enables us to provide value in ways that are often difficult to quantify, such as guiding Boards in anticipating potential issues and planning appropriately, or auditing past performance and making improvements based on best practices developed with unsurpassed technology while still maintaining personalized service!
Don Asher Realty provides a dedicated, professional team of people to attend to the needs of each community. Each team includes a manager, a full-charge bookkeeper and an administrative assistant. These teams are focused on providing high-quality, personalized service to individual communities.
Don Asher & Associates, Inc. innovative approach to contract services provides significant benefits to each Association. We utilize both local and national suppliers and purchase landscape, irrigation, construction, janitorial, roofing, pool, and lighting supplies at wholesale prices, and pass this savings on to our clients.
Don Asher & Associates, Inc. has built strong relationships with numerous contractors which allow it to provide high quality, warranty work at preferred customer rates. All contractors approved by Don Asher Realty are properly insured and agree to indemnify the Associations.
24-Hour Emergency On-Call:
Don Asher & Associates, Inc. managers are on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week – including weekends and holidays. This service is provided to assist owners in emergency situations that threaten individual or community property. Backed by plumbers, electricians, restoration specialists, and other contractors, we can quickly and properly provide the appropriate response to emergency situations.
Maintenance Company Available
Our maintenance and janitorial program is just the answer. Give us the opportunity to demonstrate how a tailored maintenance and janitorial service plan can improve the operation and appearance of your Association cost effectively. Some services are performed by Asher Maintenance Services, and others utilize properly licensed and insured third-party vendors. In any event, Don Asher & Associates, Inc. has the resources and capability to keep all aspects of your community in top condition.
A Brief List Of Services Available Includes:
- Building Maintenance
- Pool Maintenance
- Pressure Washing
- Irrigation System maintenance
- Cleaning of clubhouses and buildings
- Dumpster Corral Maintenance
- Cleaning and Organization of Pool areas
- Litter Patrols
- Handyman services
- Plumbing Repairs
- Light Electric
- Bulb replacement